The job has been added to the Job cart.
Are you a team player and creative thinker with superlative writing and project management skills? Do you have a strategic and executional mindset that can deliver high-value communications results and drive business objectives? We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to play in this world. If this is you, hit the “Apply Now” button!
What you’ll do:
The Communications Manager will execute and support Audit quality, regulatory, and strategy communications, collaborating with Audit leaders to plan and execute internal communications programs and strategies. This position reports to the Senior Manager, CEO and Internal Communications, and works closely with senior leaders and staff in the Quality and Regulatory organizations. The successful candidate is a team player, creative thinker, and proactive practitioner who has an execution-oriented mindset and can work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results.
Quality & Regulatory
· Develop and execute an annual communications plan and individual communication campaigns that deliver consistent messaging to an organization of approximately 10,000 Audit practitioners to inform, drive change, and reinforce successes in support of high audit quality.
· Foster and manage relationships with senior leaders, key stakeholders, and subject matter experts, and partner with internal clients to produce clearly defined and consistent communications.
· Provide leaders and their teams with communications counsel and recommendations on strategic issues.
· Produce, curate, and manage communication content and deliverables for distribution through national communications vehicles and channels, including emails, newsletters, articles, webcasts, video messages, and DeloitteNet content. Manage review/approval and distribution processes.
· Connect across the broader US Communications team to coordinate cross-over messaging with other areas of the business.
· Identify creative solutions and design approaches to deliver technical business content in an engaging way.
· Manage three Quality and Regulatory intranet websites, including site design, content development, and site maintenance.
· Collaborate with the Audit leadership to provide editorial and project management support for two annual external publications.
· Plan and execute internal communications related to emerging regulatory matters (recurring and ad hoc).
· Coordinate with Audit PR team to plan and execute internal elements of crisis communications pertaining to regulatory matters.
Internal & Strategy Communications
· Support communications campaigns and deliverables to sustain the Audit business strategy and other practice-wide initiatives.
· Support special projects to advance the implementation of the Audit communications strategy.
· Identify opportunities to improve and streamline communications processes across the team.
· Review, edit, and optimize content submitted by other teams for internal communications channels.
· Track, monitor, and evaluate internal communications activities and accomplishments, and provide recommendations to senior leadership.
· Supervise communications contractors/freelancers
Contribute to the success of the Communications team through education and mentoring programs.
Deloitte’s Communications team provides value to the U.S. Firms by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.
· Communications professional with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience, is required
· A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism, is required
· Strong writing and editing skills and previous writing/editing experience in internal communications, PR, or journalism fields required
· Proven success in developing and executing internal communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services
· Experience in successfully managing and delivering sensitive, crisis, and executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment preferred
· Proven ability to research, analyze, and consolidate complex content into cohesive, clear, straightforward messaging
· Superior project management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining editorial quality and meeting deadlines
· Strong knowledge of best practices in corporate communications
· Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies and approaches
· Proficiency in visual design with ability to distill complex messaging into simple, visual concepts that can be easily grasped by a busy, millennial audience
· Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.