Deloitte Advisory helps client manage strategic, financial, operational, technological, and regulatory risk to maximize enterprise value, while our experience in mergers and acquisitions, fraud, litigation, and reorganizations helps clients move forward with confidence.
Internal Audit (IA): IA is a market offering within Business Risk service area. It helps boards and senior executives better manage enterprise risks by helping organizations enhance the effectiveness, quality, and value received from internal audit. Our broad understanding of risks and areas of operational improvement - particularly the nuances of specific industry sectors and markets - can help internal audit functions improve their performance and operating efficiency and bring value to their organizations.
Our Volcker Rule professionals will assist our clients in meeting mandatory Volcker Rule requirements by assisting in the development and execution of the required independent testing or providing advisory services related to their Volcker Rule Compliance Program.
This involves leading, reviewing, coordinating, and executing a Volcker Rule independent testing program from planning to close, including communicating findings and interacting with Business Unit Heads and senior management.
Senior Consultant, General Job Duties:
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, and related standards
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Understand complex business and information technology management processes
- Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
- Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, and Deloitte products and service lines
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice
- Excellent potential for 1) playing lead role in designated tasks of the project team in gathering, organizing and analyzing data; 2) making major contributions in assuring products/deliverables meet contract/work plan and; 3) strong potential for growth and acceptance of additional responsibilities
- Guide clients with the development and execution of internal audit plans, including addressing the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) if appropriate
- Plan and manage internal audit reviews/projects of business (i.e., financial, operational, compliance, etc.).
- Includes planning of the audit approach and scope, preparation of an audit program, determination of the auditing procedures to be used, identification of specialists needed, etc.
- Review working papers as prepared by team
- Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced controls and business efficiencies to client
- Prepare project reports and deliverables, and present project results to client senior management
- Apply internal audit standards in planning and execution of internal audit reviews/projects
- Coordinate other engagement activities, such as status reporting to the client, issue tracking, etc.
Volcker Rule Senior Consultant Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, supervisory experience, with industry focus and supervisory experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred)
Masters’ degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematical Finance) preferred; or a combination of quantitative and business degrees preferred
- Certification as CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with the Volcker Rule in a banking environment, specifically securities, derivatives, commodity futures contracts, hedge funds, private equity funds and pooled instruments
- Ability to write and edit the Volcker compliance manuals and review other bank policy and procedure manuals as appropriate
- Understanding of broker dealer rules, commodities laws, regulations and requirements, including industry best practices and products
- Experience with regulatory interaction and familiarity with regulatory rules pertaining to risk
- Ability to conduct a detailed risk assessment of all Volcker business units
- Strong financial markets products knowledge across multiple asset classes
- Familiarity with capital markets trade execution process lifecycle
- Familiarity with Market Risk metrics and metrics requirements
- Ability to coordinate/develop Volcker Rule compliance and project plans
- Up to 50% travel required
Other Professional Responsibilities:
- Develop excellent professional oral and written communications in order to establish working relationships with client personnel and communicate engagement results
- Apply problem-solving skills and deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements and provide proactive solutions and recommendations
Requisition code: E17NYCESRCLH51-IAC