When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You will understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years, which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In addition to our opportunities in audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk Advisory and tax , we offer a variety of careers in Internal Client Services (ICS) considered essential to the growth of the Firm. Whether in Human Resources, Finance or PR, a career in ICS with Deloitte & Touche ME will give you the opportunity to join a firm undergoing rapid expansion in a region of fast-paced growth. Your role will not just put your passion for creative solutions to the test, it will provide you with an environment to grow and build a career based on excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
• Outstanding value to markets and clients
• Commitment to each other
• Strength from cultural diversity
The primary responsibilities of the position are to architect, design and implement IT Cloud Services, Disaster Recovery and Security Infrastructure Services. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to management of the IT Infrastructure and Security Operations, as well as ensure IT’s operational excellence in supporting current and future business requirements.
This level participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters, and ensures effective achievement of objectives. This level works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company; participates in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people; and ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate objectives. Erroneous decisions at this level may have a serious impact on the overall success of functional or company objectives.
Strategy and Design
• Collaborate with business leadership to understand and document IT Infrastructure and Security requirements in alignment with current industry best practices.
• Develop strategy, design, budget and roadmap for customer’s IT Infrastructure, Cloud Services, Disaster Recovery and IT Security. This includes WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, Servers, storage, cloud environment, video-conferencing, telephony, endpoints (workstation and mobile) and end user support.
• Perform detailed analysis of the IT Security requirements and current state.
• Develop strategy, budget and roadmap for IT Security infrastructure to ensure compliance with industry best practices and standards, including ongoing security assessment and response, identity and authentication services, patch management.
• Implement IT Infrastructure Services including cloud migration.
• Implement IT Disaster Recovery systems and Procedures.
• Implement and enhance IT Security Infrastructure and Procedures based on the IT Security Roadmap.
• Execute to maintain and operate IT Infrastructure and Security Services to agreed upon service level.
• Responsible for ongoing IT Security audits, identification issues with IT services and operations and prompt response to mitigate vulnerabilities.
• Ensure IT Infrastructure and Security remains in alignment with evolving industry best practices and procedures.
• Manage IT Helpdesk Service to ensure optimal support to the business based on best practices such as ITIL.
• Develop policies and procedures to manage IT Infrastructure and Security, Incident Response.
• Develop and measure IT support metrics and implement continuous improvement process and procedures.
• Management of a global team responsible for the delivery of a favorable outcome to the annual internal and external IT Security related audit actions.
• Serve as a subject-matter-expert in the following areas: ISO27001, Deloitte MFS (member firm standards) and ISMS regulations, rules, and compliance requirement.
• Responsible for keeping the company current on regulatory changes. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of laws, regulations and policies effecting IT security and infrastructure.
• Responsible for documenting all IT security and infrastructure related compliance policies and procedures and ensuring staff is kept current on any changes or updates to the program.
• Create and execute strategic roadmap specific to IT Security for Audit Compliance and Risk Management.
• Management of all routine IT Sec audits, all compliance related filings required on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Including communication of audit compliance standing and current business risks to all levels of leadership, including executive leadership.
• Drive internal and outsourced control self-assessment activities, including the review of testing procedures, sample selection, work papers, test results and conclusions and interim status reports.
• Develop detailed project tasks milestones, status reports and other project documentation to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of projects.
• Ensures compliance with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and WIs (Work Instructions) and documentation standards.
• Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
• 12+ years of demonstrated IT Infrastructure Services experience developing strategy, design, budgeting, implementation and operations & maintenance.
• Experience with migration of IT Infrastructure and Disaster Recovery Implementation in Cloud Platform such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
• Working knowledge of following frameworks and regulations: NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001/2, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, SOX and CFR-Part 11
• Strong experience with Windows Server 2012, 2016 implementation, security and operations.
• Strong experience with Virtualization platform such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
• Experience with using Microsoft SCCM, Intune, DPM and VMM to manage servers and endpoints.
• Experience with setup, configuration and monitoring using Firewall such as Palo Alto Network, Cisco ASA.
• Experience with Storage Environment such as NetApp, Windows File Server.
• Experience with change control management and process.
• Must possess excellent communication skills with the proven ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
• Must be detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Must have proven ability to troubleshoot, research, and solve technical problems involving integrated systems.
• Must possess strong customer service orientation and a strong understanding of business processes related to pharmaceutical corporate activities.
Desired Knowledge & Certifications:
• CISSP certification.
• ITIL experience is preferred.
• Certification with Microsoft Server and Azure Platform